I joined the 28-Day Blog Challenge hosted by Katy Widrick. For those of you who don’t know, Katy is a big blogging inspiration to me (I used her advice to design my own media kit) and I was super excited when I found out about this challenge. For 28 days, the plan is to spend time reworking, refreshing and rethinking our blogs, social media spaces, community and more.
What I like about this challenge so far is the participation from fellow bloggers – once you join, begin posting your projects and you will see some awesome ideas from others! There are bloggers from all over and a variety of subject matters, not just fitness and health so I am looking forward to signing up for some new subscriptions as well. I don’t really have any specific goals for this challenge because I don’t want to be limited in my thinking to what improvements can be made, but here are some things I have been wanting to do:
- Add an ‘About Me’ box to my sidebar
- Update my header
- Organize my Google Reader (or alternative)
- Comment more reguarly on blogs I follow (and discover some new blogs)
- Fix the comment link on my blog to make it easier to find
- Make it easier to pin images from my site to Pinterest
It’s a Wrap! #28DBC Day 1
Today, I created a box in my sidebar called ‘Meet Sara.’ I have been wanting to do this since my blog re-design this summer, but haven’t figured out how. Thanks to Katy, I did it today!
Katy gave me two great resources to help do this, if you want to create the same (it was really easy once I stopped being afraid of what the word ‘Gravatar’ meant):
- The plug-in — How to Set Up the Genesis User Profile Widget
- You can use it in combination with some of these (I did not need to, but I plan to investigate these plug-ins!) — Helpful Wordress Plug-Ins
If you want to create one too and need help, let me know, although the instructions are very easy to follow.
What about you? Are you part of the 28-Day Blog Challenge? Did you post about it? If so, let me know in the comments! And, be sure to use the hashtag #28DBC for all of your awesome improvements. Let’s create something wonderful together!