Coaching beginning runners has been one of the most rewarding experiences for me. The opportunity to meet and know so many wonderfully inspiring and dedicated men and women who work hard every day to reach their goals of finishing a half marathon or marathon is nothing short of amazing. I enjoy being able to share my running experiences and personal advice and often see my own story as I watch others achieve what they once thought to be impossible. I became an RRCA Certified Coach in April of 2013.
You’re not alone in your training – we’ve all been where you are, and I want to help you every step of the way. I believe everyone has a story worth listening to and we can all grow and learn from one another. Running is unique in that we can do it alone or we can do it with group. Part of what I love most about training with a running group is the camaraderie that is formed, and I want to create that for my readers. Welcome!
Explore the following pages for inspiration, training advice, and more.
- Getting Started – The number one question I get is “Where do I even start?” This is it!
- Inspiration – Where to turn when you need a little motivation to keep going.
- Training – All the tips about what to wear and when; how to taper; shoes, gear and so much more.
- Injuries – A guide to some common running injuries and what to do about them.
- Racing – You’ve worked hard to get to the start line, now here’s how to get to the finish line.
- Resources – Some of my favorite go-to guides for all things running related.
*Please note – My advice comes from personal experience and my own researching and reading and should not be substituted solely for professional medical, nutritional and/or coaching information. As always, see your doctor when starting a new eating or exercising plan and check in with him or her regularly to monitor your progress.